We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

how often are reimbursements done and are they itemized on adp?

a1_a1_ Expensify Customer Posts: 3

i submitted a receipt and don't know how to tell if it was even authorized

Answers

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team

Hi @a1_ Welcome to the Expensify Community!

To submit an expense for reimbursement, you must first add it to a Report. Then this report will be submitted by you, for Approval.

Who it goes to is dependent on your workflow and the frequency of reimbursements in controlled by your Policy Admin.

One way to find out who this is, is to see who Final Approves your reports. If you haven't had a report final approved as yet, the way to go will be to ask whoever your reports submit to.

A good guide to see what's going on with your expenses is to check the status of the expense.

• Unreported = Not on any report
    • Open = On a report, but not submitted
    • Processing = Submitted but not final approved
    • Approved = Final approved, but not reimbursed
    • Reimbursed (Withdrawing) = Reimbursed but still processing with the bank
    • Reimbursed (Confirmed) = The payment is on its way in 3-5 business days
    • Reimbursed = Manually reimbursed outside of Expensify

I hope that helps! Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about this. 😀

• a1_a1_ Expensify Customer Posts: 3

the info was helpful, but i still don't see how to check the status of a submitted expense. thanks!

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

Hi @a1_, I took a look at your account and don't see any expenses at this time. There is a report for $0.00 but no uploaded or manually created expenses.

Once you create an expense, you can click on it to view the banner at the top. The banner lists the next step for the expense and can tell you what needs to be done or what you can expect to happen.

Below are a few examples from my test account:

I hope this helps but let me know if you run into follow up questions!

• a1_a1_ Expensify Customer Posts: 3

ok. thanks, i did all of that and it's still telling me it's waiting for me to submit it. i hit save, but i don't see a submit button

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

Hi @A1_ thanks for circling back. I see you've created the expense and it is on a report at this time. The Submit button will be visible to you on the report itself.

You can find your report on the Reports page of your account or you can quickly navigate right to it by pressing shift+G and entering the report ID, 42803688.

Once you're looking at your report, you should see a Submit button at the top left of it. (Below)

After clicking Submit, the same style banner that I showed you were on expenses, can be found at the top of the report. The banner will let you the next step for the report and update as it flows through the approval workflow.

I hope this helps!