Uploading photos, batch rotate?

CzarNateCzarNate Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Since I have been using Expensify (few years) all the photos receipts that I upload are originally vertical. But after uploading, they are auto-rotated to horizontal view.

Is there a way to correctly upload, or batch rotate these receipts?

Thank you!

Nate

Answers

• Karisa LattaKarisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @CzarNate !

Are you using the mobile app to load these receipt images? Did you use your mobile device to take the receipt image photo? If so, your device has a gyroscope that can cause images to be horizontal instead of vertical if you do not hold the device at an angle when taking the photo.

Let me know where the images originate from and I'll see if I have any other advice or if we can investigate what might be happening.

I look forward to your reply!

• CzarNateCzarNate Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hi @Karisa Caudill

Thanks for the reply -

I usually take photos using my phone, in portrait mode. And the photos are also stored in portrait mode. From there I export the photos (from google photos) to a folder on my laptop and drag and drop all at once into an expense report.

That is my typical process. Thanks for looking into it!

• Karisa LattaKarisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Yikes! Have you tried our mobile app yet? You can scan receipts with that and they are loaded right away. If you don't prefer our app, help me understand your use case and I might be able to come up with something better for you.