Split taxes in custom report

SuzieDevilSuzieDevil Posts: 11Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi,

I'm in Canada (Quebec). We have 2 taxes, GST and QST.

I have created all the Tax code as shown with also the combined taxes.

In my custom report, I want to have the total BEFORE tax by category, The total for QST and then the Total of GST.

With the formulas I got, I only have the combined amount of taxes and the total including taxes.

What I need (exemple):

Date / Merchent / Description / Amount before tax / $ QST / $ GST / GL Code / Category...

What I got...

{expense:tax:ratename} is giving me the name GST+QST

{expense:tax:amount} is giving me total amount for combines taxes

so.... I don't know what to do next...

Thank you

Best Answers

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 73 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hey @SuzieDevil, thanks for reaching out, and solid question!

Have you tried to export reports using the Multiple Tax Export template? We designed this specifically for countries with multiple tax rates.

This is automatically available in your account and available for selection when exporting from the Reports page.

Let me know if that works for you!

• Matt_MooreMatt_Moore Posts: 23 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Thanks the extra context @SuzieDevil!

I can see how those would be two really useful fields! I'm going to look at adding these columns to the export template you're using. I'll let you know when it's up and running in your account.

In the meantime if you're looking to speed up exporting to Microsoft Dynamic NAV, have you taken a look at our Dynamics connector? Here's a doc on how it works. Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Accepted Answer

Hi @SuzieDevil, I've added that template to your account under the name Tax Export.

Please could you give it a try and let me know if it works for you? There may be a couple of tweaks needed!

Thanks!

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @SuzieDevil, I have updated the order of the columns for you. You didn't specifically mention all the columns names, so I only reordered the ones you referenced.

Want to give it a try and let me know if that's what you need?

Accepted Answer

Leave this with me @SuzieDevil, I'll see what I can come up with!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

edited April 24 Accepted Answer

OK! @SuzieDevil I've added a new template to your account that will split out the taxes based on the modified amount you input into Expensify.

Regarding the expenses with three rates of tax applied, would you be able to split out the expense so that the return leg of the flight can have the HST tax code applied to it?

If you're on the web app, you can click into the expense from the Expenses page. From there, just click Split Expense to split out the expense into different parts.

I've also added logic to the template so that if an expense has Tax Code 3 applied to it (currently HST in your Policy settings) then that's the tax that is applied in the export.

Give it a try and let me know if it's working for you!

edited April 25 Accepted Answer

@SuzieDevil if you're happy to use the previous template I created, then please do!

If you only have a few expenses with amounts that need manual adjustment it makes sense to use the original template, making changes to the exported amounts as and when you need to.

Answers