Split taxes in custom report

SuzieDevilSuzieDevil Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer

Hi,

I'm in Canada (Quebec). We have 2 taxes, GST and QST.

I have created all the Tax code as shown with also the combined taxes.

In my custom report, I want to have the total BEFORE tax by category, The total for QST and then the Total of GST.

With the formulas I got, I only have the combined amount of taxes and the total including taxes.

What I need (exemple):

Date / Merchent / Description / Amount before tax / $ QST / $ GST / GL Code / Category...

What I got...

{expense:tax:ratename} is giving me the name GST+QST

{expense:tax:amount} is giving me total amount for combines taxes

so.... I don't know what to do next...

Thank you

Best Answers

Answers

• SuzieDevilSuzieDevil Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer

Thanks @Ben Fitz

Yes I did try the Multiple Tax Export, it is indeed really convenient, but I still need more. Like Amount before taxes, GL Code. Because when I enter the expenses in Microsoft Dynamic NAV, I have to enter the total per GL and before taxes, and at the end I enter the GST and QST in their own GL.

Before Expensify, we were doing it in Excel. But with the receipts and everything in here it could me more time effective.

But for now I am exporting 2 reports each time to get what I need...

@Matt_Moore

OOOMMMGGGGG!!!! WOW! Thank you very much ;) it's perfect! ;) Almost ahah

can you put it in this order since I cannot customize it myself? Please ;) :) :)

date - merchant - GL - Category - Comment - without tax - tax1 - tax2 - total

Thank you very very very very very much!!!! It's really helful for me, and easier for the employees to fill out there expenses and then I don't have to run after them each month to close the books :-P

@Sheena Trepanier Thank you very much to all of you who worked on this! It's wonderfull ;) Saving me a lot of time!!! It's worth the monthly payment ;) <3

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,694 Expensify Success Coach

@SuzieDevil, yay! Thanks for circling back to us, I'm so happy that the template is working for you and that you're enjoying the time saved.

High five!

Hi guyz!!

I found a little problem with the report... sometimes I have to ajust the taxes, that are not really the perfect %, depending on the vendors and their system... Also, like with Flight and Hotels, the put taxes only on a portion of the amount, but it's not always clear which one...

When I exprt the Tax report you built for me, the taxes are not the one I put in my expenses, but the real 5% or 9.975%... I also have HST 13% for Ontario that is already programmed in my reports.

Can you take a look at this please? Or give me tips to resolve this, maybe I just don't think enough :-P

Suzie

• Matt_MooreMatt_Moore Posts: 13 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @SuzieDevil and thanks for following up!

I'm not sure I follow - are you saying that you need the tax rate adjusting to another amount? Currently the formula sets Tax Rate 1 as 5% and subtracts that from Tax Rate 2. We can change these values if you need them to be different.

Or are you looking for another report that uses the 13% tax rate?

Let me know!

1) I need to extract a report of what I entered...

If the merchant did not manage his software correctly for the taxes and I have a difference of 2 cents per exemple... I will enter it manualy...

Ex: 10$ + QST 5% (0,50$) + GST 9.975% (1,00$) ... those are the real numbers... But maybe on the invoice it's 0,49$ and 0,99$ ... I have to put the real number otherwise I will not balance at the end...

when a create the report, I see the 0,50$ and 1,00$ and not the amount I put manualy... So the values should be what I entered, and not the default formula...

An other exemple... Flight tickets... They leave in Montreal to go to Toronto... They will be taxed in QC (GST, QST) on a certain amount, not the full amount... When they fly back from Toronto, they are taxes with HST...

2) Some of our employees are going to Ontario, which is HST 13%...

In a month they can have expenses in Quebec and Ontario on the same credit card, I do only 1 expense report per credit card...

I don't know if it's clear enought... :-/