We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Federal Mileage Rate question

HeatherInichHeatherInich Expensify Customer Posts: 17 Expensify Newcomer

Should the federal mileage rate automatically update? The reason I ask is that under our profile it didn't update and concierge didn't ask. We ended up having about 20 people get reimbursed at the wrong rate before we caught the error.

The rate is correct now.

Answers

• Karisa LattaKarisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 145 Expensify Team

Hey @HeatherInich !

We don't automatically update everyone’s mileage rate because a large number of our customers utilize custom company rates as opposed to the IRS rate.

Updating the mileage rate is not retroactive, so any older expenses do need to be manually corrected or recreated. New expenses will be processed with the correct rate moving forward.

Inbox should have shown you a task after the new year asking if you wanted the rate changed:

However, Inbox will only show you tasks for the currently active/default policy on your account that existed before the new year. If you have multiple policies, or only a brand new policy, you might have missed this task.

I'm so sorry for any inconvenience here. Please let me know if you have more questions.