Report Fields

I have created Report Fields which I want to have appear on Invoices which I pdf and email to clients. These Report Fields only appear on Expense Reports but not on Invoices. How do I get Report Fields to appear on Invoices?

Answers

• Matt_MooreMatt_Moore Posts: 17 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @elainem3 and welcome to the Expensify Community!

You won't be able to get your Report Fields to appear on the Invoices report type.

But don't worry! If you're simply looking to send the expenses over for someone else to pay, you could generate a pdf of your Expense Report which will contain all of your report fields.

Just switch over the report type to Expense Report using the dropdown at the top of your report and then choose Generate PDF from the icons on the left.

Let me know if this is suitable for you!

• elainem3elainem3 Posts: 5

Hi:

Thanks for the info however my client who I prepare Invoices for does not like the format of the Expense Report and much prefers to send an Invoice to bill her clients for out of pocket expenses. The Invoice is a much cleaner and professional presentation and is better suited to her clients.

With that said, having the report fields appear just on the Expense Report and not the invoice is not helpful to me. Is there anything in the works to include report fields on Invoices? I get a Policy Violation message on Invoices when I haven't filled in the report fields so they seem to be linked to the Invoice somehow. To remove the Policy Violation message I have to switch to the Expense Report, fill in the report fields and switch back to the Invoice.

Please advise. Thank you.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,761 Expensify Success Coach

@elainem3, thanks so much for the response and for providing fantastic insight into the needs of your client and the odd behavior you see with violations.

I'd like to ask you a favor and in return I'm going to bring this up with my team so we can discuss the report fields on the invoice.

Would you mind heading over to the Ideas category, here, and creating an idea for adding report fields to invoices? The Idea post would give other customers a chance to weigh in on the idea and vote for it to be added. You can share the information you already provided me above in the body of the post and I'll link it to the discussion I'll generate with my team.

If any changes are made I'll update you here and in the Idea post.

• elainem3elainem3 Posts: 5

Thank you - I've posted the question.