Billing.............Employees randomly using Expensify

Lizzie
Lizzie Expensify Customer Posts: 31 Expensify Newcomer

I have employees that have company cards and file expenses each month, but we also have employees that submit expenses maybe 3-4 times a year and/or don't have a company card.

Question.......Would those employees be charged when they file an expense that month via Expensify or does that employee get charged each month if they don't have any expenses. If I get the $9 user license how is that handled?

Example..........I go to a quarterly training (mileage and food) and only submit expenses 3-4 months in a year.

Answers

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

@Lizzie When you opt for the $9 annual subscription, you'll set the number of users who will be submitting reports monthly. If you have employees who will only be submitting 3-4 times a year and these are over your subscription number, we would bill for them at the pay-per-use rate.

If you have auto-increase enabled on your subscription, going over will increase the subscription size.

The way I do the math to see how to get the best pricing is this:

10 user submitting monthly - Subscription for 10 active users: $90 per month. $1080 per year.

2 additional users submitting 4 months in a year, increased subscription to 12 users: $108 per month or $1296 per year.

2 additional users with no auto increase (depending on the months in which they submit and if those months overlap) $1224 per year.

If you have 4 users submitting 4 times a year and they are staggered through out the year so you usually see 12 total, then increasing your base limit to 12 would run $1296 per year while having them pay the over subscription rate would cost $1386.

Let me know if this helps!