Recurring Expenses

katyirelandkatyireland Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I would love a function for recurring expenses. I have a number or expenses that are exactly the same every month, and it would be great to only have to input these once. Thank you!

37 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• JohnAltman7555JohnAltman7555 Posts: 1Expensify Customer

I completely agree.  I have recurring expense multiple times a month, for each trip, like daily per diem meals which are a fixed rate, and mileage from office to/from airport.  A way to clone, copy, or duplicate would save a lot of time for me and all my coworkers.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 784Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

@katyireland Thanks for creating this idea post. I see a lot of requests for a recurring expense option. It would be great to track the demand for it here.

@JohnAltman7555 If it helps, you can copy reports as long as they aren't credit card expenses. Receipt images won't copy over but it's an option for mileage expenses. You would just need to change the date.

• shimikstershimikster Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
  • aedwards1939aedwards1939 Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Agreed it would be a great addition if expensify could learn from past coding of similar expenses

• Sophie Pinto-RaetzSophie Pinto-Raetz Posts: 73Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Expensify Team
    edited August 2019

Just a note for future commenters - you might want to check out the recurring mileage idea, too!

• sbensben Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Just posted this exact request :)

• knkn1knkn1 Posts: 1Expensify Customer

No brainer. This needs to happen YESTERDAY. :)

Ring.com (doorbells) do not send email receipts, neither does Spotify. Two examples of two ho-hum low dollar transactions that occur every month.

1. CRUD a list of recurring expenses -> merchant, amount, tag, category, date of the month they charge (and/or custom such as 3rd Monday of every month or on the 1st business day of the quarter). Upload a pro-forma receipt.

2. When you go to create a report, it pulls up the recurring transactions and you can click checkboxes to add them with the default data (price, merchant, tags, category) + calendar dropdown to change the date.

3. Boom it's all in there quick and easy.

• MichaelWesMichaelWes Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Agreed, Surprised this wasn't one of the first things on the list when domain control was created.

• TracyJTracyJ Posts: 2Expensify Customer

A feature that allows setup of recurring expenses would be very valuable. Users have many expenses that recur each week, month, quarter, etc., that could be setup to recur on a specified frequency. This would be a huge time saver!

• KDiddsKDidds Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Just posted the same idea. Seems like a no brainer. Please!

• tylerzolltylerzoll Posts: 437Approved! Accountant Expensify Champion

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can duplicate a report and it will duplicate the expenses as well. I realize it's not the solution that you are talking about and I fully support the idea, but it does work in some scenarios where you need to submit the exact same report.

• Deb_DDeb_D Posts: 1Expensify Customer

I’m new to Expensify and I’m flabbergasted there’s no recurring expenses option. Not having it makes me consider quitting using this app, quite honestly.

• rromerrome Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Agreed -- Copy/paste expenses!

• SieveSieve Posts: 4Expensify Customer

Also agreed many items do not have an email Microsoft, Google, Dropbox Giffgaff ... the list goes on. We can get them, but it is relatively slow, and not really necessary. Please include this feature ... the community seems strong on this one

• TastygoatTastygoat Posts: 7Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

YES to recurring expense. So easy to miss them otherwise. It would be useful to be notified of recurring expenses so that you could say swipe right to accept it or swipe left to disregard it.

• TastygoatTastygoat Posts: 7Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Did you find an alternative. I have only just started using the app but in order for it to be practical and not miss any expenses I MUST have this feature. I will migrate to another platform if there is one and this feature is not forthcoming.

• WooHooWuWooHooWu Posts: 5Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    The idea of recurring expenses has been talked of for a long time now right? I think this should have been done by now
  • wadetgreenwadetgreen Posts: 1Expensify Customer
    Our company offers a reimbursement for Internet and Phone at a fixed amount every month, but I have to remember to input it. Would be nice if I could just set it and forget it so I don't miss out!
  • FaileFaile Posts: 1Expensify Customer
    I would also love to see this!
  • MortarrMortarr Posts: 1Expensify Customer
    I also would like to see this option if it's not already available.
  • Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 903Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Hi @Mortarr Welcome to the Expensify Community! Don't forget to vote on this Idea if you like it! You'll find it up the top next to the vote count.