Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Expensify linked to Pay Apps

JfajardoJfajardo Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi, I love this App. It is really useful. Have you thought to link Expensify with Pay Apps like Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, etc? It would be great to export automatically the record movements from this platforms instead of making photos. Kind regards, José

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 497 Expensify Team

Hi @Jfajardo! I'd love to hear a bit more about the data you are looking to export to these platforms? I haven't seen a feature request for this before.

• JfajardoJfajardo Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi Nicole, normally when you scan an invoice, the relevant data that you obtain, of course in addition to the photo of the invoice, are: Name of the venue, Date, Amount and Category. Then the manager has the evidence to approve the expenditure and the financials the info needed for recording and reimbursement.

Well, what I suggest is the possibility to import to Expensify the records of the movements from the Pay platforms.

Find attached some pictures of the content of the payment record in some of these platforms (1-Pay Pal, 2-Apple Pay and 3-Google Pay)

Once you import this record in your Expensify account you have directly registered a new expense with at least the relevant data previously mentioned.

For the evidence of the movement (something equivalent to the photo of the invoice) perhaps it could be agreed with the different companies to elaborate automatically an extract of the movement like the following attached that generates REVOLUT for each of its payments

It will save time for users and it will be specially ideal for those who has a company credit card compatible with some of these Pay Apps because the traceability of the payment would be even easier for the company.

I hope it helps to clarify what I said.

Maybe this is a stupid thing but anyway thanks for your interest and for listening.

• JfajardoJfajardo Expensify Customer Posts: 3

I meant to bring the information recorded by the Pay Apps as input to create automatically a new expense in Expensify. This is for instance the record of a payment made with Pay Pal

You have here the name of the venue, the date and the amount. Even the category is defined in some Pay Apps. These are the requested data to create a new Expense in Expensify.

Can be agreed that each company forward to Expensify an automatic extract generated each payment, like the one generated by REVOLUT showed below,

Here will be state all neccessary info/evidences for managers to approve and for financials for recording and reimbursing.

The same with other Pay Apps like Google, Apple, Samsung, etc

It will save a lot of time to users and it will be especially effective for company credit card holders compatible with these Apps since the treaceability of the payments will be even easier.

I hope it helps to clarify my suggestion. Thanks!

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,315 Expensify Team

Hi @Jfajardo, thanks so much for the explanation, it's very clear what you're describing now. I'll let other customers weigh in and vote for this functionality and we'll see how it goes. Thanks again for adding it!