Category Totals on the APP

rkelloggrkellogg Posts: 3

I love the way the Web interface has the totals for the Categories. When I am using the App I can't see the Category totals. I setup my reports to help me know if I am overspending in a category.

Is there a setting in the app that I need to turn on to see the category totals?

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,790 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @rkellogg, welcome to the Community and thank you for posting a great question. Right now, our analytics features are not supported on the mobile app. This means the ability to filter expenses based on specific criteria will only be available on the web at this time.

We're always working to improve the mobile apps offerings though and filters are on our roadmap for the app. When we make improvements or change the product we post in the Product Updates category of the Community, so following along there is the best way to stay up to date!

Have a great day and take care 👋

• DkhanDkhan Posts: 1

I am not sure if filtering in the app is a solution to this problem. When viewing a report on the site and in the app, there are two totals displayed near the top, the total amount and the total billable amount. On the site also you will see the breakdown for each category such as travel, lodging, etc. This is what is not shown in app. I would like to see in the app when viewing a particular report that along with the total billable and total amount displayed near the top that we could also see the total per category.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 870 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Dkhan we do definitely have long-term plans for some of these things you're suggesting, but nothing with an ETA!