Company Card Admin Webinar Q&A - May 9, 2019

Katie OswaltKatie Oswalt Posts: 24 Expensify Success Coach
edited May 10 in Webinars

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Cards

Can you assign a card to a specific policy?

While you can't assign a card to a policy, you can create Domain Groups that will allow you to define the one policy that the employee can use to create their reports.

All of my companies have Amex cc's but I only have 1 login for my Amex account. I don't have individual Amex logins for each account.... is there a work around for this?

It’s possible that they qualify for an Amex feed which would be a great way to get the data in directly without needing to log in. We can’t dig into account-specific details here though. Can you reach out to our team at [email protected] to discuss your options? Our team will be able to look closer into your specific questions.

Domain Control

I have 3 companies, each with their own credit cards. Do I need to have 3 domains?

Yes, you will need to validate all of these domains.

Define what a domain specifically is?

The domain is your company website and the “@domain.com” email addresses that your employees or client use. More information can be found here. So by using domain control, you are taking control of all Expensify user accounts that are using that email address.

Integrations

Do you have to assign credit card accounts to export employee reports to (to our connected accounting system) one person at a time in Domain Control, or can you assign it for all & future users?

At the card/employee level, this would be done one at a time. However, if you’d like to have reports export to a default account rather than an individual card account, you can set that account under the accounting configurations by going to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy name] > Connections > click the Configure button (once you have been connected to your accounting package).

General

When expenses are scheduled to automatically submit on a day (e.g. Sunday) will the submission include expenses entered manually which are "Awaiting merge with imported card transaction."?

No, since this is considered a "violation", this will not submit the report until the violation has cleared when that card transaction has imported and merged with the cash expense.

What are the most common reasons a company would use more than one policy?

Different regions/entities, tax settings, expense rule settings, currencies, approval workflows, teams, or anything else that is policy-specific. We have seen quite a number of different ways that this has been separated!

For multi currency can you have separate reports automatically generated (we have a separate policies for each currency)?

Yes, your thinking is correct! You will want to separate your policies based on output currency (as you have done), and then make sure that you are using Scheduled Submit for each policy to create reports automatically for each one.