Company Card Admin Webinar Q&A - May 29, 2019

SoniaSonia Posts: 27Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach
edited May 31 in Webinars

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Cards

We have credit cards from 2 different banks, is that a problem?

No problem! You can link as many banks or card programs as you need.

What are the differences between the 2 types of card feeds? Direct bank vs the Feed?

The Direct Bank Connection is a connection set up with your login credentials for that account while the Bank Feed is set up by your bank where the bank requests Visa/MasterCard/Amex to send a daily transaction feed to Expensify.

Is expensify aware of pending card transactions?

No, we are only able to import posted transactions.

What if there are personal transaction in the credit card that should not be exported on the book, how do we go about it?

This is a great example where Personal Liability import works in your favor. Expenses imported while the card settings are set to Personal Liability can be deleted. Liability settings can be managed under Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards > Settings tab.

What if my company card is not coming up when I search for cards?

Cards will appear in the drop down as soon as they are activated and have at least one posted transaction. If the card is activated and has been used for a while and you're still not seeing it, please send a message to [email protected]

My company is new to expensify. If we launch expensify next week would I be able to backdate expenses and reconciliations for May?

Quite likely, yes. Banks limit us to importing expenses backdating 30-90 days, depending on the bank. So if you add and assign your cards today then you should be able to import expenses since the beginning of May.

Can the admin delete duplicates even if it's set to Corporate Liability?

No, Corporate Liability completely prevents the deletion of expenses imported through Domain Control.

Credit Card Reconciliation Dashboard

Does an employee in an auditor role have the ability to use the reconciliation function provided they are members of the domain control?

Only Domain Admins have access to Domain Control and thus, to the Reconciliation Dashboard. Your auditor would need to be a Domain Admin to access the company card functionality.

# Domain Control

If we have multiple locations with separate email addresses we will need a domain control set for each email domain. Example - @mybusinesscorp, @location1, @location2?

That's correct. Cards can only be assigned to users with email addresses on the domain to which the cards were added. So you will want to take control of all of your domains.

Integrations

Will all expenses in a report receive the same accounting date when exported to QuickBooks Online?

This depends on your configuration settings. Take a look at our QBO export help doc for more information on the available options!

We have Expensify integrated with NetSuite. I'm very unclear as to how the transactions will show up in our NetSuite environment and if we will be able to reconcile those without credit card reconciliation in NetSuite.

Detailed information on how to configure your NetSuite export options can be found here and here. Send us a message if you have any follow up questions!

Once a report is submitted and approved and imported to QuickBooks, how do I know which reimbursements are needed?

When expenses are added to Expensify you and your users are able to mark them as "reimbursable" or "non-reimbursable". When these expenses are exported to QB they will export with the reimbursement flag so that you can keep track of reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses in QB.

General

Can employees submit multiple expense reports within a month or does there have to be one report per employee per month exactly matching the credit card statements?

This depends on your accounting process. In general, it is not necessary for your users to submit reports that match 1:1 to the credit card statement dates because you can use the Reconciliation Dashboard to pull up expenses from a specific date range.

Can you help us understand the best practices for setting up policies for companies that have company cards and also personal reimbursements?

Since you are able to use the Reconciliation Dashboard to pull up and view expenses from specific cards in a specific date range it is not necessary to separate company card and cash expenses into separate reports. So our best practice advice is to have your users submit their company card and reimbursable cash expenses in one report. The easiest way to get this started is to set up Scheduled Submit so that reports are automatically created when your users add new expenses.

How do you attach emailed receipts?

To add email receipts to your account simply forward them to [email protected] from your Expensify-linked email address.

When emailing receipts to [email protected], can the user add things like tags, category, client, etc?

Expense coding such as tags, categories, clients, etc. need to be added from the user's Expensify account after the expense has been uploaded.

How does the "report by trip" option work?

This Scheduled Submit frequency harvests new expenses into a report when expenses are added on consecutive days. If new expenses are not added within two days of the last expense, then the "trip" is deemed completed and the current report is submitted. More info on Scheduled Submit can be found here.

Can I change report names?

Report Title settings can be managed under Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Reports. If "Enforce Default Report Title" is disabled then you and your users will be able to make custom adjustments to report titles.

As an admin am I able to create reports, add receipts, and submit for employees?

As a Domain Admin you can add company card expenses and their receipts to an employee's report and submit them on the user's behalf. This is not possible with "cash" expenses.

Can I move expenses from one report to another?

As a Domain Admin you have the ability to move expenses imported from a card connected under Domain Control between a user's reports. Please note, as with regular expenses, expenses imported into user A's account cannot be added to a report in user B's account.