Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.

Splitting expenses according to predefined list of customers

TankneyTankney Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

My company owns apartment complexes across the country and when our asset managers travel to the assets they bill travel costs back to the assets. For instance asset manager travels to Houston, Texas were we own 10 properties. Right now asset manager has to split each expense tied to that trip (airfare, rental car, meals, hotel) 10 different times at an equal split and then tag each split with the corresponding asset names as customers.

Is it possible to split an expense based on a certain tag or category into a predefined set of customers. So if I tag the hotel expense as Houston Assets, the system automatically splits it 10 times and assigns each split the corresponding customers?

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Best Answer

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,324 Expensify Team
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Tankney, thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! It's not possible to achieve what you're describing at this time. Expense Rules and Splitting do not function in that manner but I see the benefit of doing so.

With your permission I'll happy switch your post from a Q&A type to an Idea type (feature request) which will allow other customers a chance to voice in support of the idea. Is this acceptable to you?

Comments