Company Card Admin Webinar Q&A - June 13, 2019

Katie OswaltKatie Oswalt Posts: 84Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Cards

If I link a company card to an employee with a direct bank connection, can I, as the Domain Admin, force expensify to pull the expenses (e.g. daily, weekly, etc), or is that on the employee's end.

The frequency is not something that is controlled by an admin or the cardholder, and the import happens 24-48 hours automatically, and will pull in posted expenses from that card/bank.

How do I link company cards from the bank to Expensify?

Once you have validated your domain, you will go to Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards and then click the “Import Card/Bank” button to directly plug in your company card bank login credentials to pull in your cards. If your bank does not appear in the list of cards that we support, you will want to reach out to your bank to find out if your company cards qualify for a commercial feed, which we would be able to help with and implement on the backend.

Domain Control

Can you help with verifying domain ownership? I'm not clear what TXT record to add.

Our Customer Success team will be able to help out with this in more detail at [email protected]! In the meantime, make sure to check out this article on how to take control of your domain.

Integrations

Is a card bank connection in QBO redundant? If you have a bank connection in QBO, will a sync with Expensify duplicate the entries?

When a credit card or bank account is connected to QuickBooks Online for importing expenses, exporting the same expense data from Expensify can cause duplicates. To avoid duplicates, export from Expensify to QuickBooks Online first, then add the expenses from the connected card or account in QuickBooks Online. This will allow the expenses to match, removing any duplicates.

Troubleshooting & Problem Solving

Is it possible to upload a CSV or Excel file with Bank expenses (for cards that won't connect)?

Yes, but this is not possible in Domain Control (this feature is coming soon, but we don’t have an ETA!). If your cards will not connect, I’d recommend that you have employees import a spreadsheet of expenses into their personal settings under Settings > Your Account > Credit Card Import. You will not have any visibility over unreported expenses or be able to reconcile these, however. If your bank doesn’t connect, I would recommend you talk to your bank about seeing if you qualify for a commercial card feed, which we can add a different way on the backend.

General

If we have a recurring subcontractor that has reimbursable expenses, can I create an account for him even if he doesn’t have a domain? Can you add on how to add a personal card for a contractor?

Keep in mind that this webinar specifically addresses company cards, so personal cards will be managed differently, and only by the cardholder.

You needn’t be a part of a domain in order to create reports on a policy. As long as this person is added to your policy, they are free to create and submit reports for reimbursement. Or, if they have non-reimbursable expenses with a company card, you could give him an email address on your domain so that a card can be assigned.

When you add this person to your policy, we will send them an email to create an account with Expensify. They can simply add their personal card under Settings > Your Account > Credit card import to link their personal card and begin importing expenses.

Do approvals for company card expenses work the same way? i.e. if an expense needs to be approved by a senior manager, can that be setup?

Sure, these work the same way as any other expenses. You will want to look into setting up an Advanced Approval workflow.

If I upload a receipt from another country will it recognize it with the currency exchange?

Yep! This article covers all of the questions you’ll have about how our currency recognition and conversion works.

If there are recurring transactions on a company card, does Expensify learn that a certain expense (same vendor / amount) be classified into a specific account / department, or do those have to be manually entered each month?

Yes, great question! We have a concept called “implicit categorization” that learns these over time. You can also set up an Expense Rule if you’d like to set this up yourself without waiting for it to “learn”. Set these up under Settings > Your Account > Expense Rules.

Is there any additional fees for the Commercial Card Feed?

Nope! This and Domain Control are features of Control level policies.