Amex CC with QB Desktop and Expensify

lritadminlritadmin Posts: 2Expensify Customer

I have Amex connected with QB using bank feeds and have imported transactions from July 2018 thru current. I have expensive sync manage installed but I do not see the transactions in Expensify.

I now need to import Amex transactoins from Oct 2017 thru June 2018 using Amex CSV files. I got the import part figured out. However, how do I book those transactions into the same account currently in QB. Also, how do I tag the payee like I do in bank feeds in QB?

How do I get the rules currently set in QB to work with the manually import transactions in Expensify.

Should I just disable the bank feed in QB and only use the Expensify connection instead? If so, when I enable the CC connection, how will it handle the duplicates?

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 928Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach
    edited June 17

Hi @lritadmin Welcome to the Expensify Community!

The Sync Manager pushes expense reports from Expensify into QuickBooks Desktop, not the other way around.

If you want to have earlier Amex transactions in Expensify you will need to import them into Expensify directly. I can't see that you are importing cards via Domain Control, or we potentially could have pulled in older transactions directly.

This is also how you map a particular card to a specific user - i.e. via Domain Control.

I recommend you create one CSV per user, and have them upload it to their account settings under Settings > Your Account > Credit Card Import. You would then add the expenses to reports, export them to QBD then import the Amex into QBD. This will prevent duplicates.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!

• lritadminlritadmin Posts: 2Expensify Customer

I was able to figure out the importing portion through CSV. However, that brings up more questions.

1. After importing through CSV and adding expenses to reports. How do I get it to export to the correct Account in QBD?
    2. If I connect Amex to QBD and to Expensify, wont that create duplicates in the future?
  • RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 928Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @lritadmin

If importing from a CSV, the account in QBD is set under Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections - Configure. It will be one default account for all Non-reimbursable expenses.

With importing Amex transactions into both Expensify and QBD, you just need to make sure you import the transaction into QBD from Expensify before you import from Amex into QBD.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!