Company Card Admin Webinar Q&A - June 18, 2019

Michelle NiemiMichelle Niemi Posts: 40Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach
edited June 19 in Webinars

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Cards

What's the max that the start date would pull? 90 days back?  

The max start date depends on the bank. It can be up to 90 days, but the bank may not send expenses that far back.   

So what's the difference between force and do not force  

When you select force, the employee will not have the option to change that option on the expense. However, if you choose, Do not force, they can change it on a per expense basis.   

Can you assign an employee more than one card? 

Certainly!   

My bank is setting up a commercial card feed, how do I enable it to work in Expensify after they have done so?  

Once you have the File Delivery Feed information, reach out to [email protected] and our team will be happy to get that linked for you. Please note that you will need to enable Domain Control before this can be linked.

Credit Card Reconciliation   

Do interim-period reconciliations work the same way? 

You can use the Reconciliation Dashboard for any date frame you would like. The reconciliation process is the same.  

Troubleshooting & Problem Solving   

Could the employee add receipts when it's been submitted already ?    

Or does the approver need to reject ?  

The report will need to be rejected back to the user to add a missing receipt.   

Can I add a receipt for another employee's corporate card transaction?   

If you are an Admin you will be able to add a receipt to the transaction for the employee.  

How exactly do I keep a tab on the company cards this way? As in .. I will need to ask each employee to put in receipts for those unreported expenses 

You can either reach out to the employees to have them attach the receipts or if you have the receipts, you will be able to attach them for the employees.

After looking at this, should reimbursable items be on a separate report? or can they be on the same?   

You can place all types of expenses on the same report. They will each export using the settings you choose either on the Configuration tab or under Company Car mapping.  

Will we be able to make payments to the corporate cards individually ?   

Expensify is not able to make payments to your Credit Card for you.  

Can I do a scheduled submit for a particular time? like 9pm?*  

There isn't a way to pin down the Scheduled Submit to a specific time but the day.   

Our employees sometimes wait several days to put in their expenses, which causes the card transactions to get submitted as expenses that are missing receipts- Is there some way I can keep card transactions from submitting right away?   

You can add a restriction under your Domain Control Groups that will block users from submitting a report without the receipts you have required.

My bank was unable to backdate the feed to May 1 is there a way for me to manually enter the transactions that were missed? 

Certainly! You can import them via our CSV import

If I was to start Domain control today - Will transactions match up with already submitted reports for the last month?   

Once the card is linked, the bank will send up to 90 days of expenses based on the start transaction date you set when assigning. The actual number of days is different with each bank.