How can I close this report?

dtrimble
dtrimble Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Two years ago I was using Expensify with a group plan/policy for my small business. I had one report that reached an "Approved" status and was reimbursed to me by check by the client. I never marked it as reimbursed in Expensify and it was the last time I used the system until now.

I'm now using the same Expensify login on an individual track/submit plan for tracking expenses for my employer (federal gov) and my side projects.

But that report from 2 years ago is still in here in an "Approved" status. All my historical reports and expenses are in there too, but they're all marked as Reimbursed or Complete.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the status of the one remaining report. I don't care if it's Reimbursed or Closed, but I can't seem to change its status either way.

Answers

• Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team Posts: 117 Expensify Team

Hey @dtrimble! Welcome to the Community. 🌟

Generally speaking, Approved reports can be changed to Marked as Reimbursed by an Admin on the policy which the report was submitted on. Are you an admin for this policy?

The other possibility here is that this policy has been deleted. In that case, the report policy will be shown as '(not shared)' — is that what you see? In this case, you're not going to be able to mark this as reimbursed, as the action must take place on an active policy, which wouldn't be possible if it has been deleted.

If you believe you should be able to mark this reimbursed but you can't figure out how, you can also reach out to concierge@expensify.com with the Report ID (you can find it in the top left-hand corner of the report) and the team can take a closer look.

Let us know if you have any clarifying questions on the above! 😊