Cannot connect Chase bank

I followed the instructions to connect my Chase accounts but they only apply to desktop apps. How do I get a desktop app version of Expensify. Accessing it online does not allow it to connect to Chase.

Answers

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 73 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @melyon101 — welcome to the Community!

Expensify can be accessed both via the mobile app, and also via the web — simply head to expensify.com.

Can you share a little more on this — "Accessing it online does not allow it to connect to Chase."

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• melyon101melyon101 Posts: 3

The Chase accounts won't connect. When I hit Fix It, I get this message:

"To import credit card transactions from Chase, you must enable Direct Connect from your Chase account. However, if you use Chase Ink / Small Business cards, you must have a Business Checking account with Chase in order to use this connection.

• 1. Sign into your Chase account and click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner.
    • 2. From the dropdown menu select AccountSafe SM and choose Desktop Apps
    • 3. From Desktop apps, click Next and then click Set it up.

After you've set this up from your Chase account, you can connect your account below."

I have followed those steps and am now set up to link with desktop apps according to Chase who post this message:

"You've set up your Chase accounts so desktop versions of apps like Quicken® or Intuit QuickBooks® can access them directly. To remove this access, contact help & support at 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372). Keep in mind: this only applies to apps you've installed on your desktop. If you'd like to link your accounts to a mobile or website app, please go to the linked apps and websites page."

However, my Expensify account still won't link to Chase. I am accessing Expensify through an internet browser rather than a desktop app as such, since I can't find a desktop app for Expensify.

Thank you for your help.

• Sophie_Expensify1Sophie_Expensify1 Posts: 14 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @melyon101, sorry you're having continued trouble! At this point, I'll need you to reach out to our team at [email protected] so that they can troubleshoot your account from the back-end and ask for information that you won't be able to post here!

Let me know how you get on!