Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status (updated April 3, 2020) 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Bank transaction reference # import to Expensify directly

cyeem617cyeem617 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

We use Expensify to sync bank credit card transactions and then import to our system. We would like to use Card Transaction Reference # to reconcile all card transactions by using Vlookup, is there a way to add the bank transaction reference # imported to our expensify account directly?

Answers

• Ted HarrisTed Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 362 Expensify Team

Hi @cyeem617 - would you mind letting us know what the bank transaction reference # is for one of these transactions?

This is most commonly imported to Expensify as the External ID which can be exported from the Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Loading Dock when running the "Reconciliation Report".

This isn't the recommended reconciliation process though, since the Reconciliation Dashboard itself does such a great job!

• StephanieL789StephanieL789 Expensify Customer Posts: 43 Expensify Admirer

@cyeem617 I also had a long and rather unproductive conversation on this topic with Expensify aboutt a year ago. What I have been doing since then, is download the reconciliation file from the loading dock. then change the file extension to DIF, so excel will not automatically parse on opening. After that, you need to find any items in the first column that have a "," (comma) in the merchant name field and delete the extraneous comma, you can then parse (text to column) and get the 25 digit reference number (change that column to text or else excel will automatically change it to scientific notation) as its own column that you can then use vlookup to match with your credit card statement download. I usually have to do it twice (Undo is my friend) as I missed a merchant with a comma in thier name -- it would be so nice if Expensify would include that column in quotation marks, but dispite my specifically asking for that (along with setting referance number to export as text) it hasn't happened.

They think their reconciliation is wonderful, that doesn't actually match with my experience, but I have found a work around, hope it helps you too.