My Wife's Account is Locked and She Cannot Get to Her Expense Report

mkneislermkneisler Posts: 3Expensify Customer

My wife has an account with your company. I have created THIS account to get in contact with a human.

The verification link you send to her phone does not work. She has tried it repeatedly about 8 times. The report needs to be submitted today and this system is very frustrating to use.

HELP!! Not impressed with the way forward or solution for a trapped expense report on Expensify!

Matthew

Answers

• mkneislermkneisler Posts: 3Expensify Customer
    edited July 2

Here is more information. Your validation link opens up the iPhone App Store and points to the Expensify link. Ok. So I download the App, enter my phone number. And guess what, it send a validation links that opens up the iPhone App Store and point to the Exensify link!! Ground Hog Day!!

The account cannot be validated and thus, noone can enter to see their previous expense reports.

You have created a perpetual loop that NO ONE can exit or get help.

HELP!!!

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 932Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @mkneisler Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Have you tried using this link from the web app?

I think what's happening is that her phone is trying to open the Expensify website so iOS is redirecting her to the Expensify app then jumping to the app store as if it's not installed.

I recommend she forwards the message to email and clicks the link from a web browser on a desktop/laptop computer.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!

• mkneislermkneisler Posts: 3Expensify Customer

It is still happening to my account too. This does not fix the problem. the app is already installed.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 932Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @mkneisler have you tried clicking the link from a computer? i.e. not your phone?

And then once the account is re-validated log in on your phone with the new credentials?

I look forward to hearing from you!