Email addresses for attendees in custom report

chris_thackraychris_thackray Posts: 2Expensify Customer

I see that the Basic Export form outputs expense attendees in the form of their email addresses. I want to do the same on a custom export form, but don't know how to (I can only get the report to produce attendees in the form of their names). Does anyone know how I can do this?

I need to use a custome export form rather than the Basic Export form because the Basic Export form doesn't export our Department field.

The syntax I use to export names is {expense:attendees}

I haven't read anywhere how to do it so the email is the output but it is clearly possible given the Basic Export does it.

The Expensify help email address has not helped me, probably because it is automated.

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 932Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @chris_thackray!

I suspect the help email has not helped you yet because our support volume is straight-up insanity this week! 😱 I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Are you familiar with the Expensify help doc library? There's a brilliant article on building custom exports and also a list of all the fields available.

I think the particular one you want here is {expense:attendees} which is likely what you have been using - the attendee email will only be used if there is no name on the account.

But I will go away and find out if there is any way to get specific 'attendee email'.