Will two expenses uploaded by different users merge (automatically/manually)?

Gha_1252Gha_1252 Posts: 5Expensify Customer
edited July 8 in Day to Day

Can two expenses which were uploaded by two different users be merged either automatically/manually?

Best Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Gha_1252, welcome to the Community! Expenses uploaded by different individuals into different Expensify accounts cannot be merged or combined in any way.

If you'd like to share more context with me, I'd be happy to help with recommendations for best practices or resources.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

If you're the Copilot for another user, you can still act as a Copilot from the mobile app as well as a web browser. To log into an account using Copilot access:

1. Click on your profile icon.
    2. If you are using the web app, click the Copilot's email address/name. If you are on the mobile app, tap the "Copilot Access" button and simply select the user. This will log you into the user's account.

After logging into the Copilot account following the steps above, you'll be able to upload receipts on the account's behalf. I hope this helps!

@Gha_1252

Answers

• Gha_1252Gha_1252 Posts: 5Expensify Customer

Thanks for the response. So I am trying to input our corporate credit card feeds into expensify and then let people in our team scan and upload their receipts which they made out of their corporate cards (2 of them have it). By this way, we can match any discrepancies in the numbers and also have a way to account for the expenses.

Expensify did find some matches between those and I got stuck there unable to merge them.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@Gha_1252, thanks for the context! This is a pretty typical use case for Expensify and one we're able to easily support.

Typically the way this works is that the company card account is connected via Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards and the card list is imported. A domain admin will assign the company cards to the cardholders in Expensify and expenses will import into those cardholder's accounts.

Then, when the cardholder uploads a receipt into their account, SmartScan will process the expense details and find the corresponding credit card expense to match it with. The receipt image will be merged with the imported cc receipt and the first round of expense audit is completed by our Concierge. Essentially, Concierge compares the imported information to the uploaded information and confirms the expense details are consistent.

The employee would place those expenses onto a report and submit it for approval.

A domain admin can perform further reconciliation using the Reconciliation Dashboard in Domain Control > Company Cards.

If you're in the mood for learning more, we offer a company card management webinar that you can sign up for here. It's a great resource with a live Q&A with some of my wonderful team members here at Expensify.

edited July 11

Thanks. I have signed up for the webinar

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Ahhh, I see the issue here. Domain Control is available for users on the Control plan, however your policy is using the Collect plan. Domain Control is an additional level of service and offers additional admin permissions that are not accessible with a Collect plan.

My apologies for not noticing this earlier! If your team would like to upgrade plans, the policy owner can log into their account and head to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Plan to make the change.

Thanks for your response. I got a chance to attend a webinar. So, my question is, once I get Control plan with Domain Control, I add the credit cards.

But, as per the "assignee" of different credit cards, would it still be a problem if the assignee is a different person, and the one who is uploading the expense is a different person. What if we had just 1 credit card, and I got the credit card number and used it for some online transaction for my business, and upload the receipt. The credit card holder ("assignee") might be one person and the one uploading the receipt might be another one.

Can you please tell me if it can still match those expenses?

• Sophie_ExpensifySophie_Expensify Posts: 45Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Gha_1252 - generally what we recommend here is to create a "ghost" account (e.g. [email protected]) people who need to upload expenses are Copilots of this account. The reason why we recommend that people Copilot in to upload expenses is so that you can have an audit trail of who took what action in the account.

Hope that makes sense? Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Sophie. And how would it work when I had to do the same from the mobile app. I get that if I have to email a receipt on behalf of someone, I would forward it to [email protected], with the person's email on the subject line.

How should I do it from the mobile app?