API failing to read data

geogeo Posts: 1Expensify Customer

We have been using Expensify API to create and export files to our accounting system for three years now and just ran into a new problem. Below is the info I received back from our consultant. We are a small company and don't have in house programmers and Expensify will not support API questions. I'm sure they could help in a matter of minutes but they refuse to. They told me to go to the user community so here I am hoping to find help here because the Expensify support will not assist. If we can't find an answer we'll just have to key reports manually, which is tough because we have gone from 30 users to about 150 and still growing.

Info from our programmer consultant:

"I’m not seeing a corporate policy file at all for 7/12, only an operations policy file. Tracing the log I see an entry for a lack of response from Expensify, but operations policy did return a result as normal. I don’t have a complete understanding of the Expensify API, so I’m not sure what this log entry actually means, but it is not marked as an error:

“No response for department : Corporate, and policyID : 70D40C0319141A13.”

Any help would be appreciated. Is there an error log or something within the API? he could not find one. One of our policies is generating an export file but the other is not.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,914Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @geo, thanks for sharing here in the Community. Expensify is happy to help you with simple API questions but we ask that it be done via the Community so that all can benefit; because Expensify support is fairly hands off when it comes to the API, it's better to spread the knowledge evenly as much as possible.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing, we will definitely need more information before we can point you in the right direction.

For example, can you share the API call that your consultant is making to Expensify? Please don't share the API credentials (partnerUserID and partnerUserSecret) but the the call that is being made is important information we'll need. This will give us a good start and we can work together towards getting this resolved.

Thanks!