We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Notifications for Budget Owners

MaryBBTMaryBBT Posts: 13Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

A way to set up notifications to department owners each time an item is tagged to their department/class

2 votes

Live feature released! · Last Updated

Comments

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 784Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

@MaryBBT Thanks for creating this idea post. Can you tell me a bit more about your use case for this? Are you looking to have expenses approved based on their department/class?

• MaryBBTMaryBBT Posts: 13Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Yes :) this is a work around request. Right now all my expenses including items that belong to a different department are approved by the person I report to. Unless I manually cc the budget owner that is the only way they can be notified in addition to the person I report to (right now). So either a notification that includes all department heads whose departments are impacted by a report gets notified or it gets routed to multiple approvers.

• Sasha KlugerSasha Kluger Posts: 19Expensify Team Expensify Team

Hi @MaryBBT  - we've just released our new category and tag approver feature! With this feature, you can configure your Expensify policy to route reports based on the department or class tagged on expenses. Accordingly, I've updated the Idea Status on your idea to "Live feature released!" 🙌

To learn more about how the feature works, take a look here.

• MaryBBTMaryBBT Posts: 13Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

@Sasha Kluger This is sooooooo AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!! Thank you guys!!!!! We LOVE EXPENSIFY!!!! Woooooohoooo!♥️

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,140Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

@MaryBBT - thanks for the kind words, I already shared them with Sasha and the rest of the team. We're so happy you love Expensify!!