Expensify Basic question

relicor1012relicor1012 Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Hi Experts,

I am quite new to Expensify, so please bear with me. I have few questions since our client is eyeing Expensify to integrate with our SAP B1 systems.

1. Is there another way of integration (e.g. API ) automation aside from what I read which is only through exporting of textfiles from Expensify?
  2. For the exchange rates, where is the rates taken? Can they get the rates from a Regional Monetary Provider?
  3. How customizable is the Expensify in terms of adding fields? Is it allowed?
  4. I saw in one article about Expensify have an Enterprise Version which can synch with Oracle or SAP. Is this available in Asia region and if yes, where can we check the product? https://sea.pcmag.com/expensify/31352/expensify
  5. Is the Group> Control Feature the way to go if client wants features such as approval workflow, batch approval, customizations and integration to SAP Business One?

Regards,

Rogelio

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 613Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @relicor1012! I'd be happy to help you out with this.

1. We do offer a self-serve API that will allow you to automatically export your reports and update your records in Expensify.
    2. Our exchange rates are done through Open Exchange Rates for all of our expenses.
    3. You can add unlimited report fields and up to five levels of tags on your expenses. Are there any specific fields you are looking to add?
    4. The Control plan is all you need to integrate with Oracle or SAP. The enterprise version doesn't offer any additional features compared to the control plan.
    5. The Control plan is the way to go for all of the features you've listed.

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to learn more!

• relicor1012relicor1012 Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your reply.

This is good to hear that there is a serve-serve API so we can call out these APIs and consume and post to SAP B1.

For the exchange rates, is there a way to get it from Singapore Monetary Rates aside from the Open exchange rates table?

I will email more of my questions on the email you provided.

Again, thank you.

Regards,

Rogelio