Admin Onboarding Webinar Q&A - July 25, 2019

Katie OswaltKatie Oswalt Posts: 40Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Setup Tasks

Can you have more than one company?

Certainly! Each company will be set up with a different policy, which will keep expenses completely separate from one another.

Can you have more than one tag?

Absolutely! You can have multiple levels of tags, either dependent or independent. This will also be dependent on the accounting system you are using. If you are not using an accounting system via a direct integration, check this page out here on how to set up multiple tags. If you are using an accounting integration, you will want to refer to the setup guide for that specific integration in our help docs.

How can you initially start an account?

Head to Expensify.com and enter your email address. We’ll get you all set up, and then the Inbox will guide you further to set up your policy! If you have questions along the way, you can write into [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!

How do I create a new policy?

Head to Settings > Policies > Group then click "New Policy" in the upper right hand corner.

Expenses

Is there a way to approve expenses from email notifications? That is, not have to log in to Expensify each time?

Yep! As long as the expenses have passed the audit and hold no violations (which means that they do not need a review), then you can approve right from your email. Otherwise, you'll be taken to the app to review the violating expenses before approving them.

Managing People

Can you apply departments to each user?

This depends on whether you are using an accounting integration, and how you are mapping departments within Expensify. If you are using an accounting integration, you may be able to use default departments that have been set up within your accounting system, so you will want to address that specific user guide in our help docs for more detail. You cannot apply default tags or categories to users otherwise, but write to us at [email protected] for your specific setup needs in case we can help you find a way to accomplish what you need!

How do I add an employee?

A Policy Admin can add new users to a Policy by navigating to the Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People tab and clicking Invite . Once an employee is invited they'll have immediate access to Expensify.

Integrations

Do you integrate with Rippling for reimbursements on payroll checks? I couldn't find it in docs. If not, do you know if there is a Rippling integration on the way?

The quickest way to find out if we have a direct integration with any type of software is to search our help docs. If you cannot find any mention of this software, it means we do not have a direct integration with it at this time. The Community is a wonderful resource to search in to see if other Expensify users are using Rippling (or any other software in question) and how they are using Expensify and that system, such as any workarounds they've created or discovered. Keep in mind you always have the option of building customized export templates that will allow you to export and import information manually between the two systems.

If our corporate credit card is connected already in QBO, we need to disconnect it once we are using Credit Card import and sync in Expensify, right? To avoid duplicates?

When a credit card or bank account connects to QuickBooks Online for importing expenses, yes—exporting the same expense data from Expensify can cause duplicates. To avoid such duplicates, export from Expensify to QuickBooks Online first, then add the expenses from the connected card or account in QBO. This order will allow the expenses to match, removing any duplicates.

Company Cards & Domain Control

Not sure what a domain is. Can you share what this does?

This article will explain exactly what Domain Control is! What is Domain Control?

Advanced

What would I need to do to stop auto approval of expenses as things are getting submitted without organized vs. are put in reports that help organized? I'm assuming I cannot go back on ones already approved and submitted into QuickBooks, but how do I stop this activity?

It sounds like Scheduled Submit is enabled, which can be found in one of two places. Check in the Report History & Comments for anything that was submitted by Concierge, which would indicate Scheduled Submit. You can head to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy name] > Reports > Scheduled Submit to be sure!