How to set up policy for employees? (Approval workflow and inviting)

roevisualroevisual Posts: 1Expensify Customer
  1. How to be a company structure?
  2. How to add more users into my organization to allow them to prepare expense reports?
  3. How to set up a manager for users to approve their expense reports?

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,919Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @roevisual, welcome to the Community. I'm happy to help you out and point you in the right direction for resources as well.

To start, it sounds like you're new to Expensify, so I'd highly recommend the Admin Training Webinar, which you can sign up for here. If you'd rather not wait to attend the webinar, we also have a recording of a recent one here.

Now, onto your questions and that additional help I promised.

How to be a company structure?

• A company using Expensify typically uses a Group policy. The policy acts as a set of rules that employees must follow to submit their expenses for approval. It contains the employees as members, the approval workflow, reimbursement information, expense coding (categories and tags) and gives you the option to connect an accounting package if we have a direct connection to yours.

How to add more users?

• You would invite employees to your company policy by heading to Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > People tab. From this page you can manage your policy members, the approval workflow, and how involved Concierge is in your report approval.
    • You'll be able to invite members individually by email, using a spreadsheet upload to invite in bulk, or by sharing your policy joining link.

How to set up a manager to approve?

• On the same page that you invite employees, you'll also set up the approval workflow. More in-depth documentation on setting up approval workflows can be found here.
    • However, if you want a single level of approval (employee --> manager) an Advanced Approval Workflow will be needed. Once selected, you have the option to set a single approver for each submitter. (Below)

I hope this helps!