Are you receiving SNAP/EBT or WIC benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-WIC-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP/WIC receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Add a secondary login
A secondary email address or phone number allows you to log into your account and forward receipts to [email protected] from either email or phone number.
Adding a Secondary Login to your account
1) Sign in to your Expensify account on a browser at www.expensify.com.
Note: This will need to be done from the web, and you will not be able to add a secondary email or phone number using the mobile app.
2) Go to Settings > Account > Account Details > scroll down to Secondary Logins > click the Add Secondary Login button.
3) Enter an email or mobile phone number (including the international code).
4) You'll be prompted to enter your Expensify password.
If you sign in to your Expensify account through your Google credentials: The Expensify password you'll be prompted to enter is different from your Google login credentials. If you don't know your Expensify password, you can reset the password:
- Go to www.expensify.com
- Click the Email button enter your email address
- Click Next
- Click Reset Password to get a password reset link sent to your email inbox.
- Use the password you create to connect the Secondary Login.
5) Expensify will send an email or SMS to the address/phone number that you input.
6) In that email or SMS, click Confirm button to validate that address and confirm this as a secondary login.
7) Once you've done this, you will be able to log in to Expensify with either/any email address or phone number listed under Secondary Logins.
Making a Secondary login your primary login
If you merge your two existing Expensify accounts, the account that you merge into will become the primary login. The account that was merged from will become the secondary login, though you can choose to make either the primary login.
After you've created a secondary login, you also have the ability to make that secondary login your primary login (note: your company may restrict this option). To make that change, click Make Primary. You can then remove the old email address or phone number if you'd like.
Important notes about Secondary Logins:
Secondary logins can only be added if the email address or phone number is not already linked to an existing Expensify account.
If the account already exists, you must merge accounts or disconnect the email or phone number from the other account by clicking the Remove button.
If you want to remove a Secondary Login from a primary account but you no longer have access to the primary account, you can disconnect a Secondary Login from the Expensify web sign-in page.
Go to www.expensify.com and click Email or Phone to enter your Secondary Login, then click Unlink Account to remove the Secondary Login from your inaccessible primary account.