Exporting to Quickbooks Online

ckurti82ckurti82 Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Hello,

I have connected our Expensify with our QuickBooks online. I am not sure if Expensify feeds the details when the reports are approved/reimbursed to Quickbooks online or is this something I have to export and upload myself. Expensify states I should get an email when it is ready to export. How often do the exports happen? Is it daily, weekly or monthly and where do I go if I need to do the export? It states I should get an email when it is ready to export. I don't see an option right now for this since I connected it today.

Best Answer

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 928Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @ckurti82 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

This will depend on your setup. You can export manually or automatically upon final approval.

Depending on how much automation you set up, you can also have reports submitted and approved manually too, so that there is basically no human interaction.

If you can tell me what you would like to be automated, I can direct you to what needs to be set, and where it lives!

• ckurti82ckurti82 Posts: 3Expensify Customer

I like to see a draft of what will be available when it is time to upload into QuickBooks online. Is there a way to see that?

When I click on configure, the "coding" tab is all enabled. The "advanced" tab is all disabled. What does this allow and not allow to happen?

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 566Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@ckurti82 We don't have a preview of the which reports are exported to QuickBooks. When auto-sync is enabled, reports are exported upon final approval or reimbursement. When not enabled, you need to go to the reports page and manually export your reports (syncing the policy does not export reports).

You can see which reports have already been exported by the QB icon to the right in your reports list.

You can check out what each feature does on the Coding tab and on the Advanced tab and decide which ones you'd like to enable or disable.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• ckurti82ckurti82 Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Hello Again,

I am glad that I didn't fully autosync since there were a lot that were manually entered. I am going through my inbox and marking the ones that were manually entered first. Once I complete that I would like to start exporting the ones that were not. If you see below I have these options and not sure which one will export it into quickbooks. I am assuming it is the first one "QuickBooks Online." I am not sure what are the difference with all of the export options and I cannot find anything online to help me.

Please let me know which one exports it into QuickBooks online and what is the purpose of the others.

Thank you,

Cleo