Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Merge Accounts
If you have accidentally created two accounts (such as with your email address and your phone number) or if you have 2 accounts for any other reason, you can merge them together in many cases.
Once you merge accounts you're essentially combining the two accounts meaning all receipts, expenses, expense reports, invoices, bills, imported cards, secondary logins, co-pilots, and group policy settings will be combined into one account. Be careful because merging accounts is not reversible!
Notes before you get started:
- This feature is not available on the mobile app, you'll need to head to our website at expensify.com.
- Only an account holder (user) can merge accounts. This cannot be done by an Admin on a user's behalf.
- Not all accounts can be merged. If you are using an email address that is a part of a verified domain, you will need to start from that email account. For example, if you need to merge your personal account (using something like a gmail.com address) with your company account (ending in companyname.com), you will need to start by logging into the company email address account, and merge the personal account into it. It is not possible to merge a verified domain email account into a personal account; it will need to be done in the other direction. No harm in trying if you aren't sure--you'll get an error message!
- And on that note, if you have accounts under 2 verified domains, you will not be able to merge them together at all.
How to merge accounts:
- Go to the Expensify website
- Login to the account you want to be primary and go to Settings > Account
- Scroll to the Merge Accounts section and fill in the fields (you will need the password from the account you are trying to merge).
- Click Merge Accounts.