Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Edit an expense
As long as your expenses are in the Open or Unreported state, you can edit them using the Expensify website or via the mobile app.
To edit your expenses on the web:
- Navigate to the Expenses page or the report that houses the expense in question.
- Click on the expense.
- Make any necessary changes. (Note: if an expense was imported directly from a credit card, you will not be able to modify the amount)
- Click Save.
You can also edit expenses in bulk [ADD LINK TO Deep Dive: Creating and editing expenses in bulk via edit and create multiple].
To edit your expenses using the mobile app:
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen to bring up the menu.
- Tap Expenses.
- Tap the expense you would like to edit.
- How-to: Upload receipts on mobile
- How-to: Merge two expenses
- How-to: Split expenses on the web and mobile app
- How-to: Crop or rotate a receipt
- How-to: Delete and undelete an expense
- How-to: Flag expenses as billable and/or reimbursable
- Deep Dive: Receipt upload best practices on mobile (SmartScan)
- Deep Dive: Receipt upload best practices (web)
- Deep Dive: Creating and editing expenses in bulk