Disabling Smart Scan at an individual account level

syed_anwarsyed_anwar Posts: 1Expensify Customer

Individual users at my company have requested to turn off smart scan but it isn't currently available since we have a control policy. Smart scan sometimes takes more time than manually entering expense details and isn't always useful (we sometimes have a good reason for not using the dates on the receipts).

Is it possible to add this feature?

Answers

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 294Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hi @syed_anwar, you cannot disable SmartScanning or Concierge Receipt Audit on Control plan policies, but the reasons you cite are interesting!

For example, when you say "SmartScan sometimes takes more time than manually entering expense details" - is there a reason employees don't simply tap "Fill out the details myself" to manually enter those expense details there and then?

Also, you say: "we sometimes have a good reason for not using the dates on the receipts". I'm intrigued as to both what those good reasons are, and why simply amending them manually is not as easy to do!

Let me know!