We are actively investigating issues with our mobile app not syncing properly. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Import from computer, not working with Chrome browser

JuliaJulia Posts: 164Expensify Customer Expensify Aficionado

Hi there

I have come across an issue that I wanted to bring to your attention. I have already emailed concierge and used the in app chat, but I know the community gets extra eyeballs from very attentive members who are more keen to pick up on system issues versus user error issues.

When trying to manually attach a receipt by importing from computer, the 'import from computer' button doesn't open a folder list. Nothing happens when we attempt to click it. I have tested this on multiple accounts after having a user report an issue. This is specific to Chrome Browsers. I tested this in Firefox & Internet explorer, and had no issues.

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 784Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @Julia! I just tried this on my Chrome browser and it correctly opened the file folder. Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and see if that fixes it? If not, can you send me a screenshot of exactly where you're clicking this button?

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,106Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Regarding this issue, we created an escalation with our engineers this morning to resolve this behavior and I've linked this thread to the escalation so I can also follow up with everyone here.

There are two workarounds for this while it's being resolved and I'll share both below in more detail.

Option 1: Click the receipt/Green + sign to open the same "import from computer" window

Option 2: Drag and drop the file

First, locate the file on your computer. Next, drag that file onto any page of your Expensify account, or directly into the receipt window of an expense.

After I know more about the escalation from my team, I'll be back in touch. Talk to you soon!

• v_sammetv_sammet Posts: 1Expensify Customer
    edited September 2019

I can't even get the scan function to open...nor the import from computer function is working - so none of the work arounds is actually working

• Ted HarrisTed Harris Posts: 336Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @v_sammet - are you still encountering any of these issues? The team has pushed out a fix now, so you shouldn't be seeing any more issues. If you are, would you mind getting in touch with Concierge and sharing a screen recording of the error that you're specifically getting?