Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Improve receipt view for multipage and lettersize receipts

AutumnRevAutumnRev Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I love emailing to smartscan, but the workflow could be a tad better for me. Most of my receipts are forwarded emails, which often render to multi-page letter-size documents. It'd be great if the embedded receipt viewer could

a) take up as much of the window as possible, and

b) allow me to scroll all the way to the second page, where the total always seems to end up.

3 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Ted HarrisTed Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 303 Expensify Team

Hi @AutumnRev - I'm intrigued as to what you mean by "allow me to scroll all the way to the second page" as this is certainly already supported:

This window showing the PDF is also fairly large and takes up a significant amount of screen real-estate, so I've possibly misunderstood your first point too.

Let me know where I'm misunderstanding as it might be useful to clarify your idea thinking a little more to gain more upvotes to your cause.

• AutumnRevAutumnRev Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Yes, I was unclear. I'm talking about the size of the "edit expense" popup dialog, and its embedded mini-viewer, and how their small geometry slow down verifying the expense total against the receipt total.

As shown in the capture below, the edit expense dialog for some reason uses only about 25% of the available window area, and the embedded mini-viewer is only about 2"x3" on my 24" monitor. What's more, it cannot show page 2 of the receipt.

This limitation means that my workflow requires entering the full PDF viewer on every receipt (and clicking the X to exit as <esc> completely exits the expense!), when better use of screen real estate would reduce the operation to a simple mouseover.

Perfect ergonomics on this stage would open the expense dialog with the mini-viewer zoomed directly on SmartScan's total location (I'd imagine most people want to see it first!), but I concede that's a lot to ask for a small ergonomics improvement.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,315 Expensify Team

Thank you for the clarification and additional screenshot. We'll leave this for other customers to vote for and support and check in to see how it's coming along.

Have a great weekend!