Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Can't use in accounting if bank isn't connected

ErikaKErikaK Expensify Customer Posts: 2

You should be able to edit/write in the MOP or card used on an expense EVEN IF the card is not officially connected through the software. I can't connect my card because we use a smaller, more local bank chain. I want my company to use Expensify but we might not because Accounting can't see what MOP was used (it just automatically writes CASH every time)

😥

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,315 Expensify Team

@ErikaK, thanks for sharing. Don't forget to vote for your idea using the yellow vote box at the bottom of your initial post.

I also wanted to touch base about the card name and how to indicate on the expense the card it's from. Other companies with a similar requirement utilize a tag, a report field, or the expense description field to track this information. Another option would be to include the card name in the report title, so that all expenses on the report are attributed to the card in the title. Do you think any of those options would be suitable for accounting?

• David CardozaDavid Cardoza Expensify Team Posts: 9 Expensify Team

Hi @ErikaK thanks for writing in, I have some great news for you! Our team is actively working on delivering the ability to import credit card transactions through a flat file import (such as excel files) and assign those imports to the respective cardholder in Expensify. Stay tuned in the coming months for an announcement when the feature is released!

• ErikaKErikaK Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Thank you both for your responses. Very helpful and I'll look into all that.

Last question: just to keep all my options open.. I did see something about setting up a Visa Feed (VCF). We use Johnson Bank (Wisconsin) with Visa cards for the whole company. If I go and contact the banking relationship manager and follow the steps, will I be able to really connect everything this way or is that a dead end? Just want to make sure.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,315 Expensify Team

@ErikaK, nice follow up question! A VCF, or the commercial card feed for Visa cards, is supported with the use of a Control plan policy and Domain Control.

If your bank will build the feed then we can definitely import it for you to use. If you're open to it please get in touch with your bank to see if your account is eligible for the feed and let me know what you hear.