Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
How-to: Add a Deposit-Only Bank account
Who should add a deposit-only bank account
- Employees who will be reimbursed for expense reports submitted to their employee.
- Vendors who will be paid for invoices submitted to their customers/clients.
Important notes about adding a deposit-only bank account
- These features are currently only offered in the U.S.
- The connected bank account is ready for immediate use.
- Employees should add their personal bank accounts to their own Expensify account at Settings > Account > Payments.
- A vendor has the option to add a personal bank account or business bank account to receive direct payments for your invoices.
- An employee can only add a personal bank account to receive reimbursements.
Adding a Deposit-Only Bank account
Step 1: Navigate to your Settings > Account > Payments and click the Add Deposit-Only Bank Account button.
Step 2: Click Log into your bank button and click Continue on the Plaid connection pop-up window.
- Search for your bank account is the list of banks and follow the prompts to sign-in to your bank account.
- If your bank isn't supported, click the 'x' in the upper right corner of the Plaid pop-up window and click Connect Manually.
Step 3: Enter your bank login credentials
- Note: If your bank requires an additional security checkpoint, your bank will prompt you after the login details are entered.
Step 4: If you have more than one account under that login, you will be able to select from them during this step. Otherwise, you'll see a Success message.
- Note: Please ensure the account you connect to has Direct Deposit/ACH enabled.
Step 5: (For the Manually Enter Account Details option only): Enter your account information:
- When the Deposit-Only bank account is ready to receive payments once you see this screen!