Can you explain why this happens?

LexiPLexiP Posts: 61Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

This keeps happening to our employees while they are tracking mileage via iPhone. All the phones are connected through Verizon. They assured me they kept the app running the entire time & their phones did not die. Even if they ran out of service for a second, why would it calculate zero miles?

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 769Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @LexiP! Sorry for the trouble here. We released a fix for this in the latest version of the app. Can you let me know if you still see this issue?

• LexiPLexiP Posts: 61Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

It still is an issue. It has been an issue for a few months now & I have not gotten an update or answer.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 769Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@LexiP I took a look at your TD Sales policy and I see that the mileage rate is set to $0.00. When I view these expenses on the website, the miles are listed but the rate is $0 so it's creating a $0 expense.

In this screenshot, the miles are missing from the receipt but they are listed on the actual expense:

We do have an issue for the miles not showing on the image but for this policy, you'll need to create a new rate and at least the expense itself will be correct so that you can reimburse your employees properly.

Let me know if you have any questions!

We purposely put the mileage rate to $0. Our employees are reimbursed a business % of the miles they drive.

I understand the miles are listed on the merchant, but it is not the correct number of miles. Parker almost drove to a new city and Expensify randomly calculated 3.2 miles. Our employees have lost all faith in Expensify because they think it is not calculating their correct number of miles. It really puts us, the employer, in a rough spot. Please keep me updated with a fix or at least some answers. If you need you can look back on my question about this a few months back. Thanks.

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 83Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

@LexiP Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It's very important to us that your team is confident using the milage tracking tool so I want to figure out what is happening here. I checked the distance between the two locations in Parker's expense screenshot and it should be around 4.3 miles (according to Google). I noticed the screenshot shows a direct line from the start point to the end point which is different than the driving distance I see in Google.

Can you tell me if this expense was originally created on the web app or on the mobile app? If it was created on the mobile app, what tracking method did Parker use to track the expense? I'm thinking there's a setting somewhere that is calculating the direct distance instead of driving distance for this specific expense. Thank you for all your help getting to the bottom of this!

He using the mobile app. And he was tracking it using the GPS.

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 83Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

@LexiP thank you so much for helping me with the additional information. I checked with my team and it looks like we have a few other customers reporting this same issue when using the mobile GPS tracking. Our engineers are looking into the issue and we will follow up as soon as we have a fix. In the meantime, would it be an option for Parker to create a mileage expense on the web app instead of the mobile app?

In your previous message you mentioned your 'employees have lost all faith in Expensify because they think it is not calculating their correct number of miles', are they also experiencing this same issue? Thank you for reporting this so we can get it fixed for you!

Thanks for the info. Please please keep me updated. Yes- I have multiple people also complaining. Our CFO liked the GPS because it would get a total honest amount of miles driven. With making the map on GPS, we don't know if they actually there. Thanks!

Yes, I will keep you in the loop, @LexiP! Thank you!