FAQ: Why can't I close my account?
Expensify doesn't allow account closure if you retain any individual responsibility for a Policy within Expensify. Outlined below are reasons for this:
- Your account being under a validated Domain — Your account must be closed by a Domain Admin from their Settings > Domains > Domain Members page. (If you retain a secondary personal login, you can delete this afterwards by following the instructions above).
- You are the only remaining Domain Admin for your company domain — You must appoint another Domain Admin from the Settings > Domains > [Domain Name] > Domain Admins page or reset the domain completely before you can close your account.
- Being the Policy Billing Owner with an Annual Subscription — You must downgrade from Annual before you can close the account or have another user Take Over Billing for your Policies
- You own a company Policy or an amount past due to Expensify - You must either make the payment, have another user Take Over Billing, request a refund from your first bill or delete the offending Policy before closing your account.
- Being the "Preferred Exporter" for your Policy Integration — You must update the Preferred Exporter for your Policy before closing your account. Follow Settings > Policies > Group > [PolicyName] > Connections > Configure and select any Policy Admin in the dropdown for Preferred Exporter.
- You own a Verified Business Account that is settling a balance or is locked and owes a balance - You must wait for all payments from this account to settle, or unlock the account and settle the amount owed from Settings > Account > Payments > Bank Accounts