Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by May 15th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate Justice, Food Security, Housing Equity, Reentry Services, and Youth Advocacy.
How-to: Add a verified bank account (US only)
A verified bank account - is a business bank account that allows you to reimburse your employees via ACH, pay company bills, and receive payments for invoices.
A Verified Bank Account allows you to:
- Pay employee expense reports via ACH bank-to-bank transfer
- Pay company bills via ACH bank-to-bank transfer
- Receive invoice payments via ACH bank-to-bank transfer
- Get the Expensify Card
Verified bank account prerequisites:
- A US business bank account can only be added as a verified business bank accounts.
- An employee must add a deposit-only personal bank account before an expense report can be reimbursed via ACH.
- A vendor must add a deposit-only business bank account before getting paid via ACH.
- Expensify cannot process a reimbursement for any single report over $20,000.
- For information on reimbursement timing via ACH, please read this support article.
- A verified business bank account needs to be added before paying a bill or invoice in Expensify.
Set up a Verified Bank Account:
Step 1: Go to Settings > Account > Payments > and click Add Verified Bank Account
Step 2: Click Log into your bank
Step 3: Click Continue when you hit the Plaid screen, and you'll be shown a list of compatible banks that offer direct online login access.
Step 4: Login: Choose your bank account provider.
Note: If your bank is not listed, click the X to go back to the connection type, where you will then see an additional option. Choose Connect Manually, then skip to Step 6.
Step 5: Enter your bank login credentials.
- Note: If your bank requires additional security measures, you will be directed to obtain and enter a security code.
- If you have more than one account available to choose from, you will be directed to choose the desired account.
Step 6: Enter your company information. Format. your website specifically "https://www.domain.com
Step 7: Enter your personal information:
Note: After uploading the ID and completing these prompts you will be asked to use an app to provide a selfie or short video as well. This helps us verify the individual who is setting up the account is the person they say they are and haven't just gotten a hold of someone's ID.
Step 8: Check the appropriate box under Additional Information, accept the agreement terms, and verify that all information is true and accurate:
Step 9: Almost there! The account you setup will be in your Settings > Account > Payment section in either Verifying or Pending status.
- If it is Verifying, then our Risk Team will reach out for more information. Look out for an email from [email protected].
- If it is Pending, then in 1-2 business days Expensify will administer 3 test transactions to your bank account.
Once these transactions - 2 deposits and 1 withdrawal - have posted to your account, go to your Inbox page and you will be prompted to enter the transaction amounts.
Step 10: You're done! A verified bank account that is successful should appear like this after validation:
- How-to: Set a policy default business bank account and admin
- How-to: Automate reimbursement
- How-to: Share reimbursement access (withdrawal account) with another admin
- How-to: Add an Australian business bank account
- Deep Dive: How long will it take for me to receive my reimbursement?
- FAQ: Why do I need to provide personal documentation when setting up/updating my bank account?
- FAQ: Why is a 3-way validation bank call necessary to validate my business account?