Report CSV export, limit on number of reports?

Julia
Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

Hi there
I've noticed if I'm selecting a larger amount of reports (say, over 300 or so), I am no longer able to export the file to a CSV. It just sits and spins forever/indefinitely and never produces a file.

Is this a known issue? Please tell me there's an easier way to review the report info besides running multiple batches of reports by 'page' or by adding additional filters like a date range.

Answers

• Aussiebandit
    Aussiebandit Expensify Customer Posts: 256 Expensify Champion

Hi @Julia - we have been told by Expensify that if we need a 'large' report that we have to get Expensify to write the report not use the standard CSV export. This is a bit of a problem as it does take time to get them to do this but once done, it all works well.

• Julia

Wow, that is extremely unfortunate. With almost 400 employees, all of my reports that I run are large. Especially without an additional report status to filter by besides 'reimbursed' and date ranges (which are really not useful unless the date ranges could apply to WHEN something was submitted or final approved).

Expensify, how many clients do you have our size? I am really worried about long term sustainability as it seems like this may be a better solution for smaller companies or individual users.

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion

@Julia I think this graph is really helpful for understanding how Expensify views it's self in the marketplace. I think what you need is totally in line with the graph.

• Julia

very interesting graphic. I don't see concur on there, wonder why? :p

• tylerzoll
    edited November 2017

@Julia, They are at the very top since they were bought by SAP. The thing is that Expensify is really positioned to work for about 2,000 employees. Many of the companies over that end up with SAP, so in that case, concur might make sense. I think you are on a good horse right now, Expensify is really actively developing the product. They're really working on a lot of things that you don't see right now from the user perspective. Over the past 3 years, there have been major improvements and they have all be executed well. When SAP purchased concur it in a sense marked an end to the development of that product.

The whole reason that I use Expensify is because I think they have good vision, basically to eliminate the expense report. They aren't afraid to break some eggs to make an omelet (no phone support as an example), but they are one of the few that have the courage and capability to do the right thing.

• Julia

oh wow, I can't believe I overlooked that they were with SAP right on that graph. Just goes to show what month end can do to a brain! Haha.

Great insights Tyler. I hope they're sending you cookies for your kind words, because your thoughts carry a lot of weight/influence in this community from an admin/user perspective!

• tylerzoll

Thanks Julia, I do have a couple of Expensify T-shirts. They are the softest shirts on the planet. If you get a chance to go to one of their trade show booths, the matches are pretty cool too!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

@Julia - With 400 employees you are probably feeling the strain of managing that information and keeping it organized, but we are here to help.

If you have need of a export capable of running a large number of reports, our team would be happy to help you out. I'm going to reach out to you via an email thread so we can discuss your export specifics privately.

@tylerzoll - Thank you for the kind words and sharing the information you did. Perfect assist!!