Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.
How-to: Create Expense Rules
Expense rules allow you to have automatic allocation based on the merchant name of the expense.
To create an expense rule, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Expense Rules.
- Click on New Rule.
- Fill in the required information to set up your rule.
You can also create an expense rule while editing an expense.
- If you'd like to apply the rule to all expenses, rather than just one merchant, simply enter a period [.] and nothing else into the When the merchant name contains: field.
- You are also able to apply this rule to previously entered expenses by checking the Apply to existing matching expenses checkbox.
- In order to delete a rule that you have created, click the trash can icon in the upper right hand corner of the rule.
- You can also create expense rules while you are editing a given expense. To do this, simply check the box for "Create a rule based on your changes" at the time of editing: