Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.
How-to: Set up Concierge report approval
Concierge report approval removes the need for you to manually click "Approve" on endless reports! Instead, you can set up your group policy to capture all the requirements you have for your team's expenses. As long as all the rules have been followed and Concierge's additional audit is passed (more below), we will automatically approve such reports on behalf of the approver after submission.
- You must be a policy admin on a group policy
- You must have a Submit-and-Approve or Advanced Approval workflow turned on
To set up Concierge report approval, follow these steps:
- Set up your group policy so that all of your expense requirements are defined. Setting automatic categories for employees and category rules (e.g., maximum amounts, receipt requirements, etc.) are great examples!
- Navigate to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People.
- Scroll down to Approval Mode and select either Submit-and-Approve or Advanced Approval.
- Under Expense Approvals, select a Manual Approval Threshold greater than $0.
With this setup, manual approval will only be required:
- For reports that fail audit (i.e. there is at least one policy violation on the report)
- For reports that contain at least one expense over the Manual Approval Threshold
If the report meets all of the requirements you specify in your policy settings and all expenses are under the Manual Approval Threshold, then Concierge will automatically move your report through each step of your designated approval workflow.