We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Default Report for Receipts?

mlevisonmlevison Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Feature request - currently when I add a scan receipt it appears to be added to an existing report. Likely the last one I had open. By default I would either like it added to "No report" or "Uncategorized" or something else. The goal is that become the dumping ground and then my operations team can sort through it.

Answers

• ChristinaDChristinaD Expensify Success Coach Posts: 33Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

@mlevison Welcome to the Expensify Community! Thank you so much for sending us your feature request, we love hearing about ways we can make Expensify better. The good news is I think we already have a solution for you!

It looks like Scheduled Submit is enabled on your Group and Individual policy which automatically adds expenses to an open report. If you want to adjust the settings or disable this feature, you'll just need to login to the Expensify website and go to Settings > Policies > Group > [Group Policy Name] > Reports > Scheduled Submit

Keep in mind, when Scheduled Submit is disabled on a Group policy but enabled on an Individual policy, the Individual policy settings will override Schedule Submit being disabled on the Group policy so make sure to disable Scheduled Submit on your Individual policy as well. You can do this at Settings > Policies > Individual > [Individual Policy Name] > Reports > Scheduled Submit.

After disabling the Scheduled Submit, all future expenses will not be added to a report. When you are ready to add an expense to a report you can do so through the following steps: 

• Go to the Expenses page on the website, make sure all of the report states are enabled (eg, check next to Unreported, Open, etc). 
    • Find the expenses you want to move, select them using the checkbox on the far left. 
    • Choose "Add to report" in the upper right corner. 
    • Choose which report to add the expenses too, or choose "New Report

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help!

• mlevisonmlevison Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Wow - thank you. I would never have found that on my own. Funny thing we set the group policy up years ago because it allows us to be a team even though my company is one person.

Now we just have to see if this works. Expenses coming on Friday.

Thanks

Mark