We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Intermittent export/API issues

JuliaJulia Posts: 198Expensify Customer Expensify Pro

Can anyone help? We're having intermittent issues with our API.

The template we use is the exact same for all 3 reports. The information is pulled in 3 reports because we determined if the amount of expenses got too big it would fail to send over to our side so we had to split it up per month. The successful reports are completely random over the last 3 weeks. Sometimes it’s the first report, sometimes all the reports, sometimes none of the reports. There literally is no rhyme or reason to why it fails from our perspective.  The user and password their system uses to connect to ours is hard coded in our system so it uses the same one every time. Our SFTP server gives the following response when it fails: SSH_ERROR_CODE: 103 -> Key exchange failed

{"responseMessage":"Could not establish connection to SFTP host","responseCode":401}.

We use the exact same credentials for all of the calls coming from the exact same server at the exact same 3 times of the day and it is completely random as to which ones succeed and which ones fail.

We have double checked that all IP addresses our white-listed on our end also. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,140Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hello @Julia, hmmm, I haven't seen other reports of this but don't want to rule anything out.

Is this still happening intermittently or is it now consistent?

• JuliaJulia Posts: 198Expensify Customer Expensify Pro

It's consistently intermittent, if that makes any sense.

Our API is called 3 times a day, and runs 3 different requests.

Every day, random api calls will fail. It could be the 1st one, or the 3rd one, with no rhyme reason or pattern.

The next day (or even later that same day), that same request that had previously failed, will run.

Our most senior software IT lead has 4 hours blocked tomorrow to manually export these files and push them through to get around this issue for month end. We unfortunately are left with no other choice.

Concierge has insisted this is on our end, but we have had all our IT brains look at this. The consensus is that if it were on our end, the request would consistently fail. It wouldn't be a success the next day, or at the next integration call.

Also, how do I change the tag on this to unanswered? I don't want to miss out on it not being viewed by community members who might be able to help.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 996Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @Julia - On Sheena's answer, where it says 'Did this answer the Question?' - click 'No' and that should take it back to Unanswered.

• ct312ct312 Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Hi is the API having problems we are also having similar issues ?

@Francois it looks like you've been quite helpful in resolving other users API/integration issues. Any chance you could review the issue we're experiencing?

• sbismilsbismil Posts: 20Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

@Francois I have similar issue. Getting following error. With Email option it runs fine but when I try to use SFTP I run into issues. I can

ExpenseReport956f2274-xxx-4405-9318-2c8e28fc6f95.csv{"responseMessage":"Could not establish connection to SFTP host","responseCode":401

curl -X POST 'https://integrations.expensify.com/Integration-Server/ExpensifyIntegrations' \

-d 'requestJobDescription={

"type":"file",

"credentials":{

"partnerUserID":"xxxxxx",

"partnerUserSecret":"xxxxxxx"

},

"onReceive":{

"immediateResponse":["returnRandomFileName"]

},

"inputSettings":{

"type":"combinedReportData",

"reportState":"APPROVED",

"limit":"10",

"filters":{

"startDate":"2019-01-01"        

}

},

"outputSettings":{

"fileExtension":"csv",

"fileBasename":"ExpenseReport"

},

"onFinish":[

{"actionName":"markAsExported","label":"Expensify Export"},

{"actionName":"sftpUpload", "sftpData": {"host": "xxx.server.transfer.us-west-2.amazonaws.com", "port":22, "login":"xxxxxxx", "password":"xxxxxxx"}}

]

}'\

• sbismilsbismil Posts: 20Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

@Julia

Hi Julia, I have same issue. I'm using below code to upload export file to SFTP but getting following error. I can run same code with email without any issues. Appreciate your help

ExpenseReport956f2274-xxx-4405-9318-2c8e28fc6f95.csv{"responseMessage":"Could not establish connection to SFTP host","responseCode":401

curl -X POST 'https://integrations.expensify.com/Integration-Server/ExpensifyIntegrations' \

-d 'requestJobDescription={

"type":"file",

"credentials":{

"partnerUserID":"xxxxxx",

"partnerUserSecret":"xxxxxxx"

},

"onReceive":{

"immediateResponse":["returnRandomFileName"]

},

"inputSettings":{

"type":"combinedReportData",

"reportState":"APPROVED",

"limit":"10",

"filters":{

"startDate":"2019-01-01"        

}

},

"outputSettings":{

"fileExtension":"csv",

"fileBasename":"ExpenseReport"

},

"onFinish":[

{"actionName":"markAsExported","label":"Expensify Export"},

{"actionName":"sftpUpload", "sftpData": {"host": "s-d8d6fce742cd434a8.server.transfer.us-west-2.amazonaws.com", "port":22, "login":"xxxxxxx", "password":"xxxxxxx"}}

]

}'\