Additional options and layers to email preferences

JuliaJulia Expensify Customer Posts: 153 Expensify Pro
edited November 2017 in Ideas

I think it would be beneficial to have additional layers/customization to email preferences.
For users, it'd be great to only be notified when a report is final approved (we have multiple approval layers, and they hate getting the notifications that a report was forwarded).

For managers, it'd be great if they had an additional layer where they could opt out of receiving updates on their individual report statuses, but get a notification when they have reports to approve.

Best case, it could be a 'summary' notification. i.e; options like: Notify me daily/or every Friday when I have reports to approve. Notify me when I have reimbursable reports to approve. Notify me when I have over xx (5,10, etc) reports to approve.

Also, by default, I think users should get SOME kind of notification when there's a comment on a report.

Another great feature would be if in the Admin People section, we had the option to change email preferences for our users. It is a slightly clunky process to tell them how to navigate and do this themselves.

31 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments