We're currently experiencing a site outage. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions.
Thanks for your patience!
How-To: Set up an American Express commercial feed
Set up an American Express feed (GL1025)
NOTE: If you have a Small Business or Triumph account, you may not be eligible for a commercial card feed and will instead need to use the direct bank connection for American Express Business.
To begin the process, you'll need to fill out Amex's required forms and send them on over to Amex so they can get started processing your feed. You can download the forms here, and below are important instructions for how to fill them out (if a field isn't listed here, you don't have to worry about it!):
- Corporation Name = the legal name of your company on file with American Express
- Corporation Address = the legal address of your company
- Requested Feed Start Date = the date from which you want transactional data to start feeding into Expensify. If you'd like historical data be sure to date back as far as you'd prefer. You must put this date in an international date format (i.e., DD/MM/YY or spelled out January 1, 1900) to ensure the correct date.
- Requestor Contact = the name of the individual party completing the request
- Email address = the email address of the individual party completing the request
- Control Account Number = the master or basic control account number corresponding to the cards you'd like to be on the feed. Please note this will not be a credit card number. If you're unsure of the correct control account number, please contact Amex.
- No information required
- Client Registered Name = the legal name of your company on file with American Express
- Master Control Account or Basic Control Account = same as from page 1; the master or basic control account number corresponding to the cards you'd like to be on the feed. Please note this will not be a credit card number. If you're unsure of the correct control account number, please contact Amex.
- Country List = the name of the country in which the account for which you're requesting a feed originates
- Client Authorization = please complete your full first and last name, job title, and date (note, put this date in an international date format--i.e., DD/MM/YY). Sign in the area provided.
Once you've completed the forms, send them over to
[email protected] and indicate you're wanting to set up a commercial feed for your company. You should receive a confirmation message from them within a day or two with contact and tracking information.
While you're waiting for Amex, make sure to set up a Domain -- it's required in order for us to be able to add the feed to your account!
Once the feed is completed, Amex will send you what's called a Production Letter. This will have the feed information in it, which will look something like this:
Once you have the filename, send it to us using the submission form here.
And that's it! We promise it sounds a lot more complicated than it is, and the reliability of a direct feed is well worth it!