Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
How-to: Split expenses on the web and mobile app
Note: splitting an expense cannot be undone!
Splitting an expense will allow you to create multiple expenses from a single expense or receipt. Each split can be categorized and tagged individually. The same receipt image will be attached to each split. For example, if a given hotel expense on your credit card is made up of the hotel cost, room service, and laundry service, you can split the expense into multiple pieces in order to categorize accordingly.
Triggering the Split Expense Dialogue
The split expense dialogue can be opened both from the Expenses page and from the expense editor within an individual expense.
Using the split expense dialogue
Within the split expense dialogue you can choose how many "pieces" you would like to split the expense into. The total of each piece must add up to the original expense amount. Each split can be categorized and tagged individually.
To split an expense on the mobile app, click an expense and then More Options at the bottom of the screen. Next, use the Split button to split the expense.
- How-to: Merge two expenses
- How-to: Edit an expense
- How-to: Delete and Undelete Expenses
- How-to: Create expenses manually
- How-to: Use Smartscan to create expenses
- How-to: Create a time expense
- Deep Dive: Receipt upload best practices on mobile (SmartScan)
- Deep Dive: Receipt upload best practices (web)
- Deep Dive: Creating and editing expenses in bulk