Missing data

NightmareNightmare Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Logged in after not using expensify for several months and I have missing expenses now. Receipts that I know were scanned do not show up. In addition the credit card line item for many charges are not there. I went in to the credit card section and had it update, but they still aren't there. In many cases these are items from last year so it isn't like they are recent charges that haven't hit the bill yet. It seems like every time I try to use your software something doesn't work. I am tired of fighting with it.

Answers

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 96Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    edited October 1

Hi @Nightmare - Thanks for reaching out so we can help! My first thought is that you might have logged into a different Expensify account than the one you recall using a few months ago. Since all the data in your Expensify account belongs to you, the SmartScan expenses you recall seeing cannot be removed by anyone on our side.

I see you've reached out to concierge about the same issue so I'm going to follow up with you there since I'll likely need some specific account details. Please keep an eye out for my response so we can get to the bottom of this mystery!

• NightmareNightmare Posts: 3Expensify Customer

I don't see how this can be an issue with separate accounts. I can go to my credit card statement online and it shows 13 transactions for the month of June in 2018. Your software that supposedly imports all those transactions shows 2 for the same time period. Please advise.

• HarmonyHarmony Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    I'm not sure what's going on with expensify but something has gone wrong with their data! Over 12 credit cards went missing. Tracking these cards have been the lifeblood of our company and we would never in a million years delete these accounts. That we've been accused of doing such. They all went missing. 
    In addition smart-scanned images have gone missing even though the comments related to that smart scan in the comments section exist. Something has gone wrong at expensify.
  • Michelle NiemiMichelle Niemi Posts: 44Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    Hi @Harmony! I am sorry for the trouble. I have taken a look at your account and it appears that when you upgraded to the new Wells Fargo feed, you had removed your old cards. There should have been a warning stating that any expenses not on a Submitted report would also be deleted when you remove the old card. You can import the expenses that Wells Fargo did not send when you relinked, via CSV

Please let us know if you have any other questions.