Auto-submit transactions once the credit card tx is imported?

Options
oliviercp
oliviercp Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hi team,

I often find myself sending a receipt to Expensify for a purchase I made with a credit card. It gets scanned properly by Expensify, I add it to a report, and I'm ready to submit it, but the transaction is naturally not yet imported from the credit card.

Is there a way to auto-submit the report once the transactions are imported on all expenses in the report?

I haven't found a way to do that unfortunately, so I'm having to set a reminder for myself to check in a couple days to submit manually, but it's really an unnecessary step UX-wise since the report is all ready and I just need to click "Submit". I'd love if Expensify could take care of that for me.

Answers

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro
    Options

If you implement the 'scheduled submit' feature, it should do that. Any time a credit card is linked to a user, it holds all expenses 7 days old or less to allow enough time for it to merge with any imported credit card transactions that have not yet pulled from the bank feed.

So basically so long as you're smart scanning your receipts, it will put a temporary violation on that expense. With Scheduled Submit, it automatically submits all expenses on a report that are violation free based on the frequency you selected. Any expenses with a violation will be held back onto a new report.

https://docs.expensify.com/en/articles/2919-violations-and-notes#reducing-company-card-duplicates

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options
  • oliviercp
    oliviercp Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Thanks Julia, it's almost a perfect workflow, and probably the best that can be achieved with current Expensify features - greatly appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I read a bit about Scheduled Submit and it seems to be a policy-wide setting set by the admin, instead of a user setting, so it's not that useful to me. I still need to manually create my reports, and I've seen Expensify miscategorize expenses in the past (i.e. in a way that they look valid from Expensify's point of view — no violation — but that is not appropriately categorized for our accounting system), so I don't think it's safe to use. Let alone having to convince our accounting department to enable this feature for everybody... instead of just me managing it.

I wish Expensify had an option for a Scheduled Submit feature managed by each user, alas!