Notification when my manager approves an expense report on individual policy

sjackmansjackman Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
edited October 2019 in Ideas

I'd like to receive a notification when my manager approves a submitted expense report.

0 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Victoria O'learyVictoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 89 Expensify Team

Hi @sjackman -

I have good news for you then - Expensify does just that! When an expense is approved you should get an email with a subject along the the lines of "$100.00 reimbursement coming your way".

If you're not getting these, they might be going to your Junk folder - so you might want to check there. Otherwise, just check you've got notifications turned on by going to Settings > Account > Preferences then scroll down to "Contact Preferences" and make sure you have "Outstanding report tasks or status updates" ticked

If that still doesn't work, flick us a message through Concierge and we'll take a look at your account!

• sjackmansjackman Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, Victoria. "Outstanding report tasks or status updates (such as when my reports are rejected)" is indeed checked. It sounds like from support that I will only get a status update when my report is approved if I have a group monthly subscription for my manager and myself. Currently I have a personal subscription, and my manager does not have a subscription.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,317 Expensify Team

@sjackman, thanks for sharing that extra context, you've got it right there. Since Approval in the traditional sense is done through a Group policy, the approval notifications are tied to that functionality.

I'll leave this idea up for others to vote on and update the title to be a little more specific. Good luck!