We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Enforce Workflow enabled - But Employees Override

BinduBindu Expensify NewcomerPosts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi -

1) We have the Approval cycle set at each Employee(People) level

2)Approval mode is "Advanced Approval" - Enabled

3)Workflow Enforcement - Enabled.

• With all the above enabled , Manager Employees(People) who are not 'Policy Admins' are able to Final Approve by passing the Final Financial Admin Approval.
  • Is there any other setting that needs to be enabled for the same ? Kindly request you to share the solution.
  • Screen shot attached for reference.

Answers

• JuliaJulia Expensify Aficionado Posts: 151Expensify Customer Expensify Aficionado

Hmm I don't see a screen shot, but I'm wondering if the issue lies within your domain setups.

If you log into Domain Control, go to groups. We have a group setup called 'Employee's that is our default group. Here, we restrict pretty much everything so that they aren't able to override any of the workflows we have in place. (Admins still have the ability to push things through, so long as you have the admin set up with the appropriate permissions)

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 1,992Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@Bindu, great question and Julia has done a fantastic job laying out the ways you can further lock down what employees can do.

My first thought here brings me back to another conversation very similar to this one that I had a few months ago. In that scenario, the customer was set up exactly as you describe but the issue was the employee wasn't submitting their reports on the company policy.

Since their employee was submitting reports on the individual policy, the workflow restriction for the company policy wasn't coming into play.

Using the information Julia shared (Domain Control + Domain Groups), you can restrict employees so they use only the company policy. This doesn't remove the individual policy but they can't put expenses or reports on their individual policy any longer.

I'd ask the employee what the policy is at the top right of their report. If it's not your company policy that explains the behavior. If it is the company policy, let me know and I'll reach out via email to get more information from you.

• BinduBindu Expensify Newcomer Posts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Sheena Trepanier - Employees are filling up expenses on the right policies and still we are seeing this issue , where in Managers are able to Final Approve , inspite of all the settings in place.

We would like to get this one resolved at the earliest !

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 699Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Bindu! Can you give me the report ID of one that failed to go through the correct approval workflow after correcting the settings?

• BinduBindu Expensify Newcomer Posts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Nicole Trepanier - 51876360 is the report ID, which got final approved by the manager itself , without enforcing that for an approval with the Finance Team, screen shot attached as well for reference.

Please let me know the fix for the same.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 699Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Bindu! Looking at this report and the approval workflow, it actually worked as expected based on the settings. The 'Approves to' column needs to have the email that reports are forwarded to. There is no one listed on Mark Rodell's 'Approves to' field.

Advanced approval is not a linear setup. If there is an email in the 'Approves to' field, this means that this person is approving reports and forwarding them to this person. People who aren't approving reports don't need anyone in this field.

I hope this helps!